Spring has sprung (really it has!) and the Today show wants to celebrate all that’s great about rural Ireland.
And, thanks to Calor Gas, RTÉ Today have €10,000 to give away to the village community group in rural Ireland that shows that it has the best community spirit and is an example to others.
To enter, please tell RTÉ Today in less than 1000 words, why you believe your community has the best ‘fight back’ spirit in Ireland, by giving us examples of the things you have done for yourselves in your village to make life better for your community.
Better still you could make a short video – max length 3 minutes, and send the You Tube link and show us around your village.
RTÉ Today are delighted that the editor of the Farmer’s Journal, Mairead Laverty has agreed to pick the winning entry and here are some examples of the things Mairead will be looking for;
– A community that came together to tackle one single issue, and who have responded to a multitude of other issues.
– A community that understands and can get its hands on the supports that are there to help them
– A community who has a vision for their place. A vision that goes beyond Tidy Towns or a community shop.
– It’s no longer good enough for a community to just provide jobs. The place has to be a ‘good place’ in which to live.
– A good place for mums and babies, for the old, the retired, for teenagers, for the migrant or others new to the village.
– A good village is open to everyone and together they make the place a better place for everyone.
Also, make sure to show what you would do with the €10,000 if your group wins this huge sum, and the better still the TODAY will come LIVE from your town in early March, where TODAY will give you the cheque LIVE on TV!
Send your details to email@example.com
and try to remember to mark the subject line rural Ireland comp.
CLOSING DATE: 26th February 2016