Muintir na Tire/ Community Alert announce the roll out of a Property Log Book.
This property identification booklet to informs people about the importance of methodically noting identification serial numbers of smaller equipment such as lawn mowers, laptops, phones and drills, chainsaws etc. so that they can be reclaimed if recovered by the Gardai.
- Having all details of property stolen to hand for a crime report.
- Enabling Gardaí to quickly restore recovered property to the rightful owner.
- Enabling Gardaí to link the criminal in whose possession a stolen item is found to the crime.
- Deterrence factor of widespread publicity about the logging of items, to criminals considering a theft.
- A measurable decrease in thefts – eventually.
- A valuable fund raising initiative, for local groups who get behind the project.
- A valuable Crime Prevention and profile raising exercise by local groups.
Householders will be able to write down the make, model, and serial number of valuable possessions and also list any particular security marking they have put on them.“The beauty of this book is that you can present all the details to gardaí and they will put it on their systems so if they recover the goods anywhere they will know immediately who they belong to,” Diarmuid Cronin.
The cost per booklet is €5 and you may order one from Avondhu Blackwater Partnership CLG on 022-46580.