Simple Exercises from your HSE Physiotherapist for you to do during Covid -19 Cocooning Phase
HSE Community Physiotherapy Service in Cork, in partnership with Cork Learning City, Cork Healthy Cities, Cork Sports Partnership and Cork Age Friendly City Programme to encourage you to exercise during this period of cocooning.
Strengthening and Balance Exercises have many benefits for you:
- Improves your mobility
- Helps you to stay flexible
- Improves your brain health
- Enhances your memory
- Lifts your mood
- Maintains and improves your balance
By committing to doing these exercises twice every day you will keep yourself healthy and strong and prevent yourself from becoming deconditioned. It will mean that when this period of self isolation is over you will be able to return to your normal activities more quickly.
Inside this brochure you will find:
- 8 exercises that we use in our physiotherapy department. They are safe for you to do and they work.
- An exercise diary/calendar which we are asking you to tick twice a day after doing your exercises
You will only need a sturdy chair with arms, flat comfortable shoes and 2 weights (tins of fruit) or 2 small bottles of water.
If you feel unwell on any day, don’t push yourself to complete these exercises.
If you have any questions about this program you can contact us on 021 492 3415