Le Chéile Family Resource Parents Advocacy Programme
Are you the Parent of a Disabled Child?
As a parent of a child with impairment you are the natural advocate of your Child’s Rights!
- Do you find yourself having to negotiate vital issues around your child’s care and education?
- Do you find disability service providers lack tailored information and support?
- Do you find with your child’s journey through mainstream education you are faced with challenges for which you receive limited if any guidance and encouragement?
- Do you know that equality legislation and complaints mechanisms are applicable to your children?
- Are you aware of the Social Model of Disability?
- Do you feel a sense of isolation and feel that you would benefit from sharing your experiences?
Le Cheile Family Resource Centre will be running a 6 week programme for parents of with a child with a disability. The programme will give parents of disabled children the opportunity to meet with each other, to access appropriate information and to examine the social model of disability. The aim of this programme is to facilitate parents to acquire the knowledge and skills to develop effective strategies to engage constructively on behalf of their children, in order to promote their equal and positive participation in society.
Parents will be enabled to use appropriate and effective mechanisms to express their views and to access the rights of their families while building both formal and informal relationships with other families experiencing disability. Parents will be encouraged to access and contribute to existing networks within their communities.
Programme commences and runs as follows:
May 2016 7 – 10pm Thursday 19th
May 2016 7 – 10pm
May 2016 7 – 10pm Thursday 9th
June 2016 7 – 10pm
June 2016 7 – 10pm Thursday 23rd
June 2016 7 – 10pm
The Programme is a very big commitment for a parent but will be well worth it!
Places are limited
For further information and to secure your place on the programme please contact Sharon at Le Cheile on 022-42439/0879008726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org