To support small Irish businesses to enhance their online trading presence, Trading Online Vouchers to the value of €2,500 (up to a maximum of 50% of the total cost) are now available to Cork Businesses through a programme under the Government’s National Digital Strategy and delivered through the Local Enterprise Offices.
With the trend ever increasing towards online spending it is estimated that only 23% of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in eCommerce sales. For businesses employing less than ten people this percentage could be even lower. It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 70% of these are done in overseas markets. There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality.
Attendance at an Information Session is required prior to submission of an application.
Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 50% of eligible expenditure, whichever is the lesser.
Next deadline date for receipt of applications:
- Ongoing – it will take 5-10 working days for a client to receive an update on their application status. If an application is incomplete and does not have all the necessary documentation submitted by the deadline date, the client will be asked to submit the missing documentation. This will delay an application being reviewed.
Next Trading Online Voucher Information Seminars:
- Due to the current situation where face to face seminars are not taking place, we are organising Trading Online Voucher webinars.
- For Cork North & West Clients: Webinar on Monday 6th April, 9.30am-11.00amBook your place here
Case studies available here on how the Trading Online Vouchers have assisted small businesses, nationally.
How to apply:
Who is eligible?
- The vouchers are targeted at businesses that have a limited online trading presence
- less than 10 employees
- turnover less than €2 million
- applicants must be registered and trading for minimum of 6 months
Ineligible projects include:
- those with charitable status – those businesses not operating in a comercial domain
- commercial semi-state companies
- ”not for profit” organisations
- trade associations
- agricultural summer shows
- company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce.
Vouchers cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites
- Purchase of non-internet/ non-website related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity
Vouchers can be used for:
- IT consultation
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementing online payments or booking systems
- Purchase of internet related software
- Purchase of online advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of approved voucher costs and can only be drawn in one payment phase)
- Developing an app
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy
- Consultation with ICT experts
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage online trading activity
Terms and Conditions
- Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 50% eligible expenditure (exclusive of VAT), whichever is the lesser
- Voucher approval must be gained prior to incurring any expense
- The voucher claim period is 9 months from the date of approval *Since 15th March 2019 the claim period has changed from 4 months to 9 months.
- Own labour is an ineligible expense
- Third party costs only will be considered
- All third party/supplier invoices must contain proper business details (e.g. Tax and Business Registration details)
- Three Quotes must be provided for costs at application stage, otherwise application will not be considered
- For queries to North Cork Tel: 022-43235 Email: joan.