Job Vacancy: Avondhu Blackwater Community Connect” Programme Co-ordinator
Job title: “Avondhu Blackwater Community Connect” Programme Co-ordinator
Location: Avondhu Blackwater Partnership CLG.
Reporting to: Chief Executive
The Co-ordinator will run the programme in relation to the guidelines on delivery of the programme and in addition to supervising the day-to-day workload, administration and work plans of the staff working on the initative. The Co-ordinator will be responsible for ensuring that all Pobal contract requirements are adhered to and will be responsible for reporting adherence to the Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
Full responsibility for the successful management, income generation and administration of the programme will be the responsibility of the Co-ordinator as well as reporting to the Board of Directors and the CSP Steering Committee and developing the programme in conjunction with their direction.
General Key Responsibilities:
- Developing, running and oversee the programme within agreed budgets.
Ensuring relevant policies and procedures are in place, reviewed and adhered to in line with statutory regulations (e.g. HR, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Covid-19 and Financial Procedures).
Holding consultations with relevant communities to underpin the development of the service.
- Fostering good relations and networking with communities, participants, statutory and voluntary agencies to provide the best possible support to older people.
- Developing and maintaining work rosters, timetables and appropriate training for staff members and volunteers.
- Taking the required actions to ensure the marketing and effective communication of the project and service is delivered to older people.
- Provide monthly supervision and an annual appraisal of members of staff and their performance together with the resulting development of agreed staff support systems, targets, training and development proposals
- Evaluating the programme for the purposes of the board of Avondhu Blackwater Partnership and Avondhu Blackwater Partnership Steering Committee.
- Facilitating the Chairperson and the Board in relation to the arrangement of timely and agreed meetings and the presentation of relevant and concise reports to the Board on a monthly or other agreed basis.
- Keeping members of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive fully appraised of the progress of the project, ensuring that any matters of concern are duly notified to them in a timely manner.
- The on-going review of the project and the preparation of recommendations to be presented to the Board in relation to changes, which might improve the access, training or other services of the project for the programme participants.
- Any other duties, which Chief Executive may from time to time require to be carried out.
- An ability to relate to and support staff and be empathetic to the needs of elderly people
- An understanding of the needs of community organisations and knowledge of community activities and work
- The ability to manage situations where conflict arises
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in written form
- Excellent Organisation skills
- Excellent computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft office
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- A relevant 3rd Level qualification, minimum Level 7, eg Youth & Community Work, Community Develop;nt, Community Sector Project Management.
- A minimum of 2 years experience, post qualification in:
- Community sector project management
- Working through a community development approach
- Suporting older people
- Experience of managing, supervising and supporting staff
- Experience of working with a Voluntary Board of Direcots
- Experience of working collaboratively at an inter-agency level
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to prepare funding applications
Please forward a full CV including a copy of 3rd level qualifications and letter of application to: Avondhu Blackwater Partnership CLG, The Mill Castletownroche, Co. Cork to email@example.com later than 5pm on Friday the 2nd October 2020.
Further details can be obtained by calling 022-46580.
Avondhu Blackwater Partnership CLG is an equal opportunities employer. Applications may be shortlisted. Garda clearance will apply. A panel may be formed through this competition.