Networks of towns 2015 – Second deadlineStrand: Networks of towns, Democratic engagement and civic participation. Deadline: 1 Sept 2015 – 12pm (CET/CEST, midday Brussels time). Maximum eligible grant for a project: 150 000 EUR. Outline: Municipalities and associations working together on a common theme in a long-term perspective may wish to develop networks of towns to make their cooperation more sustainable. Networking between municipalities on issues of common interest appears to be an important means for enabling the exchange of good practices. Twinning is a strong link that binds municipalities; therefore, the potential of the networks created by a series of town twinning links should be used for developing thematic and long-lasting cooperation between towns. The European Commission supports the development of such networks, which are important for ensuring structured, intense and multifaceted cooperation, therefore contributing to maximizing the impact of the Programme. Priority is given to networks targeting annual priority themes. Networks of Towns are expected to:
- Integrate a range of activities around the subject(s) of common interest to be addressed in the context of the Programme’s objectives or annual priorities
- Have defined target groups for which the selected themes are particularly relevant and involve community members active in the subject area (i.e. experts, local associations, citizens and citizens’ groups directly affected by the theme, etc.);
- Serve as a basis for future initiatives and actions between the towns involved, on the issues addressed or possibly on further issues of common interest.
- Towns/municipalities or their twinning committees or networks;
- Other levels of local/regional authorities;
- Federations/associations of local authorities.
- Non-profit organisations representing local authorities.
Town twinning 2015 – second deadlineStrand: Democratic engagement and civic participation, Town twinning. Deadline: 1 Sept 2015 – 12pm (CET/CEST, midday Brussels time). Maximum eligible grant for a project: 25 000 EUR. Outline: This measure aims at supporting projects bringing together a wide range of citizens from twinned towns around topics in line with the objectives of the Programme. Priority is given to projects targeting the priorities annually defined for this measure. By mobilizing citizens at local and Union levels to debate on concrete issues from the European political agenda, this measure will seek to promote civic participation in the Union policy making process and develop opportunities for societal engagement and volunteering at Union level. Twinning must be understood in largo sensu, thus referring to the municipalities which signed or are engaged to sign twinning agreements as well as to the municipalities having other forms of partnerships fostering their cooperation and cultural links. Types of organisations/applicants:
- Towns/municipalities or their twinning committees or other non-profit organisations representing local