The Go for Life Grant Scheme offers financial supports – provided by Sport Ireland – to local clubs, groups and organisations nationwide who promote increased participation in recreational sport or physical activity for older people.
This national grant scheme aims to assist in the implementation of locally-developed, well-planned activity and sport initiatives. In particular, the scheme is aimed at:
- Supporting the work of Go for Life including the network of PALs (Physical Activity Leaders) and the development of Go for Life Games and other initiatives;
- Assisting local clubs/organisations to enhance existing opportunities for their members in recreational sport and physical activity;
- Assisting local clubs/organisations to start new initiatives geared at involving older people in recreational sport and physical activity.
What will be awarded?
- Physical Activity Programme: Grants awarded to support a planned series of physical activity sessions for older people. For example, (1) a five-week programme to introduce older people to an activity such as Aerobics, Aquafit, Tai Chi or Tennis. The cost of hall hire and a qualified instructor might form part of the overall cost.
- Purchase of Equipment / Resource Materials: Grants will be awarded to assist the purchase of physical activity equipment, for example, Go for Life Games equipment, Pitch and Putt set, physical activity kitbag, badminton rackets.
- Participation Events: Grants will be awarded to those who need financial assistance to participate or organise physical activity events for older people. For example, organising regular Go for Life Games or a Sportsfest aimed at introducing older adults to a range of recreational sports.
You can download the application form below:
You can post the form to our address (details in the application form) or you can email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If emailing your form it is not necessary to send a hard copy by post as well.
Please note, whether emailed or posted completed application forms must be received by 12 noon on Friday 27 September 2019.
For information speak to our Go for Life team.