Cork Volunteer Centre – CriTiCall Appeal
CRiTiCALL Cork is a new initiative to support people emerging from domestic violence circumstances compounded by the Covid-19 pandemic. The initiative was launched in Dublin and is now being replicated in Cork City and County.
is a collaboration between Cork Volunteer Centre
and Safe Ireland
which has 6 members in Cork as follows;
- Good Shepherd Cork (Edel House) provides help to women and children who are at risk of homelessness.
- Cuanlee Refuge provides aid, assistance, advice, accommodation and guidance for experiencing domestic violence.
- OSS Cork a domestic violence information and resource centre located in Cork City.
- Mná Feasa: a community based support group established by women who have themselves survived domestic violence.
- West Cork Women Against Violence: provides free and confidential support, listening and information service to women who have experienced domestic abuse.
- Y.A.N.A. (You are not alone): A North Cork based service which provides helpline, information, referral to other agencies, court accompaniment and general support.
The aim of CRiTiCALL Cork is to support anyone experiencing domestic violence in the area by facilitating the donation of critical goods to those that need it most. Financial abuse is present in most cases of controlling behaviour, leaving survivors without monetary resources. Domestic violence services are always running on a shoestring budget. We want to ensure that when people are ready to make the courageous step to leave an abusive situation that we have every resource at hand to support them in their recovery and pathway to a new, safe life.
You can help by purchasing needed items and delivering them to the designated drop-off point. Donations will go directly to one of the domestic abuse support services in Cork.
You can also help by arranging a collection of items in your school or workplace. You can then drop off your groups collection to one of our Donation Bank.
To register your interest: https://www.i-vol.ie/volunteer-opportunity/?ID=a004G00000llBqK
Volunteers will be updated on the specific items being requested by local services for their clients. When we receive your details we will be in touch to arrange a drop-off time on our next collection date in our Donation Bank. This is in order to ensure that we are observing social distancing and other safety measures.
Unfortunately due to COVID19 restrictions second hand items cannot be accepted at this time.
Please check All Events
section for our next collection.
You can contact Jennifer Monday – Friday 9.30 – 13.30 on 0860666331 or email@example.com