The TÚS initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short-term working opportunities for unemployed people. The work opportunities are to benefit the community and are to be provided by community and voluntary organisations in both urban and rural areas. The TÚS initiative is managed by local development companies and Údarás na Gaeltachta for the Department of Social Protection, which has overall responsibility for the scheme.
Type of project
The types of project eligible for the scheme may include:
- Energy conservation work in homes and community buildings
- Social care of all age groups and people with disabilities
- Caretaking, securing, supervising of community buildings and spaces
- Renovation of community and sporting facilities, including the regeneration and enhancement of community, recreation and sporting spaces
- Work in support of cultural and heritage activities
- Community administration and community event management
- Coaching for sporting activities
- Repair of equipment for the Third World – for example, farm tools, bicycles, computers, sewing machines, health equipment
For further information on the programme, contact out TÚS staff on 022 46580 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find below a list of the Community and Voluntary groups that Avondhu Blackwater Partnership have engaged with in the past or are presently working with under the TÚS Community Employment initiative.