The aim of the ‘Pride in Our Community Competition‘ is to encourage Community Groups and volunteers in County Cork to develop new or existing community -based Amenity/Projects that will be of long-term benefit to the community. These projects should be outdoor and available to all the community.
The competition also seeks to make people conscious of their environment and to promote litter-free communities and the overall development of their area. This initiative also supports the County Cork Biodiversity Action Plan through conserving & enhancing biodiversity in our daily lives.
The “Pride in our Community “Competition is open to all voluntary groups in County Cork , however only one group may enter on behalf of each community. (Youth Groups can also enter)
- Has your group developed or are you in the process of improving amenities in your local community?
- Are you a Tidy Towns Group in the process of improving your area ?
- Are your group planning Community walks and trails?
- Playgrounds, Community Fields?
- Community Centre renovations?
- upgrades to monuments and amenity areas?
- River clean-ups,
- Community Signs, Murals?
- Biodiversity areas, Community gardens, allotments?
- Graveyard restoration?
- Floral displays on streetscape?
- All weather facilities, tree planting, Floral bedding etc?
All projects will be automatically entered into this category.
Marking Scheme (The Judges decision is Final)
Amenity Project (50 marks)
Effort put into the development of the Project, Sustainability, Innovation.
Litter Control (25 marks)
The condition of the Main Street of
the town/ village and around the project.
Overall Impression (25 Marks)
The appearance of the town/village and how the area has been developed and maintained.
Is the project part of an overall plan for the area?